Tuesday, December 4, 2007

concentration pieces...ugh




yeah...so here are the first three from the concentration. The third ended up in the garbage...so I thought I would post where it currently is. The teachers are Ms. Finley, Mr. Price, and Ms. Grimm, and I know that probably isn't obvious. I really dislike my concentration very strongly. I feel like there really isn't a strong conceptual idea uniting them together. I don't know why I chose this concentration. My weakness is the backgrounds and I just don't know how to add on the contour line drawing. I don't know who I should get help from either, in cementing my ideas. I am a perfectionist and want high markings and for my pieces to be perfect. For a drawing portfolio, I know the perspective is very weak. I hate how I decided to use different media on the pieces. They really aren't united except for the fact that they have an idiotic composition that is simply straight on. I can't ask teachers though to let me take unflattering pictures of them that would make wonderful pieces of art--I have tried. So I feel I have reached a fork in the road with this concentration: either have people impersonate teachers or redo the concentration. This just makes me sad because I want to do a good job on it. Your thoughts?

4 comments:

Katie Stember said...

if you ever need help getting photos of teachers be sure to let me know.

lhsap2danielled said...

the one of mr price is amazing

amanda said...

aubz i just can't possibly keep up with your blogspot commitment. i mean you need to understand that i'm literally 1/22 the blogger you are, and i'm not affraid nor self conscious to say so haha. i am so gosh darn impressed with your sleezy egg wordplay comments that you leave me! give me another week to think of more haha

lhs2kirstenk said...

these are amazing! you impress me every time i look at your work. nice job aubrey